- How often are residential trash customers billed?
- We offer monthly or quarterly billing.
- What time should I have my cart (trash, recycling, yard waste) out on collection day?
- Carts need to be accessible for collection by 6:00 a.m. to ensure pickup.
- How do I make a payment on your website?
- The link to the Online Bill Pay button appears at the top of every page of NovakSanitary.com. The Online Bill Pay page will handle your online payments securely.
- Where do you offer residential Trash and recycling service and when?
- To learn what residential services we offer in your area and when, just use the "Choose Your Location" drop down menu at the top of any page.
- How do I know if a holiday affects my trash pickup day?
- Click here on the Schedule page, to enter your address and view if an upcoming holiday will change your collection day. Normally, during holiday a week service runs one day late. For example, if the holiday falls on a Monday, all pickups that week will be one day late and that means Friday pickup will be done on Saturday. If the holiday falls on a Thursday, the only service days impacted with be Thursday and Friday.
- I had extra trash this week. Why wasn't it picked up?
- Your monthly service charge is based on a certain size trash cart (48, 65 or 95 gallon). There may be an extra charge for trash outside of the cart. To ensure extra trash or bulk items are picked up, please call the Novak office at 605-338-7126 by noon the workday before your scheduled pickup day.
- Why can't yard waste (grass, leaves, weeds) be placed in my garbage cart?
- The Sioux Falls City Landfill does not accept these materials in the garbage portion of the landfill. The landfill has a separate area for these items and it will be turned into compost.
- Can I recycle Styrofoam?
- Unfortunately, our area recycling processing center does not accept Styrofoam at this time so you need to place it in the trash. Because this material not recyclable in our area, Novak suggests reducing the household use of Styrofoam cups and plates.
- From time to time, I have extra recycling, what should I do?
- Recycling is truly FREE with Novak Sanitary Service. You may place the recycling in a clear plastic bag beside your cart on your normal recycling pickup day and the driver will haul it away. No need to call ahead.
- I have a constant overflow of recycling, what should I do?
- You have two FREE options. Either increase the size of your recycling cart from 48 gallons to 96 gallons or add an additional recycling cart of the appropriate size.
- What is yard waste?
- Yard waste as defined by the Sioux Falls Regional Sanitary Landfill is grass clippings, leaves, weeds, and soft garden waste.
- Can I place a dumpster or a roll-off in the street?
It depends on the community you live in. In Sioux Falls you will need a permit from the City Engineering Department. Your Novak representative can take care of that for you. Once the City reviews the request and approves it they will issue the permit. The City charges a nominal fee for the permit and we can add the charge to your statement.
Other communities in the surrounding area do not allow any type of container in the street and it must be placed on your property. Please call 605-338-7126 to learn about roll-off service in your area.
- I am a Novak residential customer. Is it okay if I just bring in one box at a time?
- After the documents are securely shredded, what happens to them?
- The shredded documents are formed into bails and shipped out to pulp mills to be recycled. Each year, Dakota Data Shred recovers million pounds of shredded documents.