Yard Waste Collection Available until November 30
Cooler fall temperatures are setting in and serve as a reminder that it’s time to get your yard work done before winter strikes. Fall yard waste collection ends Nov. 30 for Novak Sanitary Service residential customers in Brandon, Harrisburg, Sioux Falls, and Tea so yard waste customers still have time to take advantage of this convenient yard waste collection service.
There are two convenient options for yard waste service – weekly and on-call. To start yard waste service or learn more about these convenient yard waste collection options, call 605-338-7126 or email.
For current yard waste collection customers, Novak Sanitary Service reminds customers to be mindful of what can and cannot be placed in collection containers.
Acceptable Items in the yard waste collection containers include:
- Grass clippings
- Pine needles
- Soft organic garden material
When preparing your yard waste, remember that unacceptable items include:
- Branches and twigs
- Garbage or Trash
- Pet waste
- Pine cones
- Plastic bags
- Wood waste
Separating yard waste correctly pays off with free compost for your yard and garden. The Sioux Falls Regional Sanitary Landfill offers free compost for households in five counties – Lake, Lincoln, McCook, Minnehaha, and Turner – made from yard waste collection materials.
For residents in these five counties, getting free compost is as simple as visiting the landfill during regular business hours, notifying the scale house attendant that you’d like compost, and you’ll be directed to the proper spot. Just remember to bring a container and shovel to load your compost.
Residential Yard Waste Collection Service Options
Option 1 - Weekly Yard Waste Service
- To start this weekly service, Novak trash customers must call the Novak customer service team to schedule the delivery of a 95-gallon yard waste cart.
- For previous customers with a cart, service automatically starts the week of April 1
- Weekly pickup occurs on the same day as your trash pickup day
- Have cart ready for pickup by 6:00 a.m.
- Additional yard waste must be put inside Kraft-type paper bags (plastic bags prohibited)
Option 2 - On-Call Yard Waste Service with Customer-Provided Kraft Bags
For your convenience, we offer an on-call yard waste removal service. The cost for this service is based per bag. For this waste disposal service, we use a special yard waste removal truck that will be scheduled to service your home.
- Customers must call the Novak office by noon the business day before pickup (which is the same day as your normal trash day pickup).
- This service is available to existing Novak residential trash customers in select areas only.
- On-Call service requires a minimum of 2 (compostable) bags out by 6:00 a.m.
- Yard waste must be placed inside Kraft-type paper bags (no plastic bags allowed).
- No yard waste removal cart is provided.
- Yard waste pickup occurs on the same day as your trash pickup day.
- Customer must call Novak office at 605-338-7126 by noon the business day before pickup.
Novak Sanitary Service yard waste removal service will be provided through November 30th. If you have any questions about residential service, or would like to request service, please contact us or call us at 605-338-7126.