- Can I place a dumpster or a roll-off in the street?
It depends on the community you live in. In Sioux Falls you will need a permit from the City Engineering Department. Your Novak representative can take care of that for you. Once the City reviews the request and approves it they will issue the permit. The City charges a nominal fee for the permit and we can add the charge to your statement.
Other communities in the surrounding area do not allow any type of container in the street and it must be placed on your property. Please call 605-338-7126 to learn about roll-off service in your area.
- What is the difference between a roll-off container and a dumpster?
- Everyone has a different name for these containers. A dumpster is a smaller container typically up to 8 yards and can be emptied by a front load or rear load garbage truck. These dumpsters are typically found at commercial businesses such as restaurants, convenience stores, etc. A roll-off container is larger.
We carry 12 to 40 yard roll-offs, the roll-offs are typically used for clean outs, roofing jobs, new construction and remodeling projects. If you are unsure as to what size container you need, one of our Customer Service Representatives can help you choose the right container for your job.
- Can I dispose of asbestos insulation, siding, trim or lead based paint?
- Yes, but you will need to first contact the Sioux Falls Hazardous Waste facility at 605-367-8695. They will assess the project and tell you how to proceed. Asbestos materials are handled differently at the Sioux Falls Regional Landfill, and their strict guidelines must be followed.
- What cannot be put in the dumpster or roll-off container?
Hazardous materials such as gas, chemicals, paints, solvents, tires, oil, asbestos, car batteries and other items like medical waste, appliances or grass.