- Can I place a dumpster or a roll-off in the street?
It depends on the community you live in. In Sioux Falls you will need a permit from the City Engineering Department. Your Novak representative can take care of that for you. Once the City reviews the request and approves it they will issue the permit. The City charges a nominal fee for the permit and we can add the charge to your statement.
Other communities in the surrounding area do not allow any type of container in the street and it must be placed on your property. Please call 605-338-7126 to learn about roll-off service in your area.
- I am a commercial customer and I am not receiving my paperless bills via email.
- Many times paperless billing can be located in your junk email. Typically, if you add us as a contact in your email program this will correct the issue.
- What is the difference between a roll-off container and a dumpster?
- Everyone has a different name for these containers. A dumpster is a smaller container typically up to 8 yards and can be emptied by a front load or rear load garbage truck. These dumpsters are typically found at commercial businesses such as restaurants, convenience stores, etc. A roll-off container is larger.
We carry 12 to 40 yard roll-offs, the roll-offs are typically used for clean outs, roofing jobs, new construction and remodeling projects. If you are unsure as to what size container you need, one of our Customer Service Representatives can help you choose the right container for your job.
- Do you have a way to lock my commercial containers?
- Yes, please call us at 605-338-7126 for options.
- If my containers are in an enclosure, will your driver pull them out or do I have to do that?
- The drivers will pull the containers out of the enclosure, empty them and put them back. The area must be accessible and free of snow and ice.
- How big does an enclosure need to be to fit my dumpster?
- To ensure the most accurate fit, please call us at 605-338-7126. Our staff will personally assess your needs to best suit your business.
- What cannot be put in the dumpster or roll-off container?
Hazardous materials such as gas, chemicals, paints, solvents, tires, oil, asbestos, car batteries and other items like medical waste, appliances or grass.
- After the documents are securely shredded, what happens to them?
- The shredded documents are formed into bails and shipped out to pulp mills to be recycled. Each year, Dakota Data Shred recovers million pounds of shredded documents.
- I understand you destroy Non-Paper media too. Can you explain what type of items those are?
- Non-Paper media types:
- Optical Media: Includes digital electronic storage devices that write or read data, CDs, DVDs, CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs.
- Magnetic Media: Includes magnetic tapes and floppy disks.
- Flash Media: Includes USB storage devices, PDA's and cell phones.