America Recycles Day is November 15
America Recycles Day, on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, is a national initiative to encourage recycling:
One day to educate.
One day to motivate.
One day to make recycling bigger and better 365 days a year.
On America Recycles Day, let’s all take a minute to challenge ourselves to take one action that may lead to better long-term recycling habits.
Here are some ideas:
- Use reusable shopping bags rather than plastic bags provided at the checkout. Put them in your vehicle so they are easy to grab before heading into the store.
- Learn what can and can’t be included in your curbside recycling and what items have to be dropped off at other locations. Remember, with Novak you can earn rewards for recycling with the Recyclebank program.
- Declare your household as a “Recycling Household.” Assign children to age specific tasks, and establish an area for items that need to be dropped off at other locations for recycling. Example: Hard cover books, electronics, eye glasses, certain batteries
- Make a conscious effort to buy products that are packaged with materials that can be locally recycled. Example: Egg cartons made out of paper are allowed in the single stream recycling cart, but Styrofoam egg cartons are not.
- Make your own household cleaners out of non-toxic ingredients like: vinegar, baking soda, peroxide, Dawn dish soap, olive oil. Buy the ingredients in bulk quantities and refill specific containers as needed. Example: glass cleaner, furniture polish, grout cleaner, toilet cleaner. Label the container: Cleaning Use – and exact recipe of ingredients.
Here are links to the recycling information on the Novak website:
And remember, Novak provides recycling services at major events in the area like Jazz Fest, Hot Summer Nites, Hot Harley Nights, Sioux Falls Germanfest and more.